From: Jeff on
Michael Golden wrote:
<...>

> Remember, the snow tires go on the front, not the back. 8)

Actually, the snow tires go on all four wheels. It is as important to be
able to stop as it is to go.

Jeff

>
From: ACAR on
On Jan 16, 5:44 am, "Michael Golden" <mgol...(a)bkbusa.com> wrote:

>
> Remember, the snow tires go on the front, not the back. 8)
>
> --

oversteer anyone?

no reputable tire store would put 2 winter tires onto the front of a
FWD vehicle.
they'd have you buy 4 tires.
From: Jeff on
ACAR wrote:
> On Jan 16, 5:44 am, "Michael Golden" <mgol...(a)bkbusa.com> wrote:
>
>> Remember, the snow tires go on the front, not the back. 8)
>>
>> --
>
> oversteer anyone?
>
> no reputable tire store would put 2 winter tires onto the front of a
> FWD vehicle.
> they'd have you buy 4 tires.

And what if you only had money for two tires or were unwilling to buy four?

Jeff
From: jor on
On 2008-01-15 22:24:10 -0700, Realto Margarino <rm(a)justlinux.ca> said:

> In forty years of driving we have never driven a car that is as bad
> in the snow as our 2006 Yaris Hatchback. We went out and bought
> snow tires today, hopefully that will help. But the dealership told
> us not to use rims larger than 14 inches for the 2006 hatchback.
> That sucks.
>
> The car is too light, and too close to the ground, to be a wise
> choice for the country roads in Ontario, at least this year...
>
> cordially, as always,
>
> rm

Speaking of driving in the snow, I've owned lots of Toyotas and sever
4WD trucks, howeve, the best performers in snow and mud were my VW
bugs. They would go anwhere (until they got high centered, of course!).
jor

From: JoeSpareBedroom on
"Michael Golden" <mgolden(a)bkbusa.com> wrote in message
news:xn0fl8xoucg7l000(a)news.individual.net...
> Realto Margarino wrote:
>
>> In forty years of driving we have never driven a car that is as bad
>> in the snow as our 2006 Yaris Hatchback. We went out and bought
>> snow tires today, hopefully that will help. But the dealership told
>> us not to use rims larger than 14 inches for the 2006 hatchback.
>> That sucks.
>>
>> The car is too light, and too close to the ground, to be a wise
>> choice for the country roads in Ontario, at least this year...
>>
>> cordially, as always,
>>
>> rm
>
> Remember, the snow tires go on the front, not the back. 8)
>
> --

You don't mix tire types unless you're stupid, especially in areas where
snow is a constant issue. You buy 4 tires. End of story.