From: Wickeddoll´┐Ż on

"zonie" <sjemoomaw(a)nospam> wrote in message
news:7dee35c38320457fd14df66f70e1e63d(a)localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
>I did not say the Toyota was better. I know GM builds a great truck. I
> worked for Chevy dealer for 33 years. I know Toyota is just coming into
> the large pick-up market and has some thing to learn. That does not mean
> that their product is not a good truck. GM's build quality is up to world
> standard now ,I agree with that. But Toyota has always had build quality
> the rest of the world wishes they had. Scott
>

Very well put. I'd probably buy a domestic truck, though. As you said,
Toyota's lagging there.

Natalie


From: Pete Moss on
In article <F42dnXMNiPllrGbYnZ2dnUVZ_qqrnZ2d(a)ptd.net>,
"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2(a)mailcity.com> wrote:

> Duh! The Tundra in the commercial pulling the 10,000 LB was not a base
> model with a six speed tranny
>
> mike
>
>
> "Pete Moss" <spraghnum(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:spraghnum-76DA98.18283116032007(a)news.iglou.com...
> > In article <FI-dnSAaZM3XmWbYnZ2dnUVZ_tOmnZ2d(a)ptd.net>,
> > "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2(a)mailcity.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Get real. Ford is the Silverado competition not the Tundra. Ford sells
> >> 35%
> >> of the full-size trucks in the US. Chevy 30% and Toyota a measly 5%.
> >> The
> >> base engine in the Tundra is a only a V6. The F150 has a six speed and a
> >> V8
> >> is standard as well. The Tundra is just beginning to catch up to the
> >> build
> >> quality of what GM, Ford and Dodge have been offering in their truck for
> >> years
> >>
> >>
> >> mike
> >>
> >>
> > The base engine in the Silverado is a V6 as well.

Duh, yourself. You're the one who made the spurious comment about the
Tundra having a V6 as the base engine. Everybody's full-size truck has a
V6 as the base engine on paper so they can say they offer it as a fuel
efficient option. How many of them actually show up on car lots?

I'm sure none of the Chevys in commercials have the V6 either. Your
saying that the Tundra has a base V6 was a meaningless point.
From: JoeSpareBedroom on
"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2(a)mailcity.com> wrote in message
news:GcWdnatEv7Ogs2bYnZ2dnUVZ_vmqnZ2d(a)ptd.net...
>I guess we can assume you do not go to many bone yards. As a percentage of
>the trucks sold in the US, there are a hell of a lot more rusted Toyota
>trucks in the bone yards ;)
>
> mike

Hey, mister never-learned-statistics: Do you want to take another look at
that statement and fix it because without certain information, it's
meaningless? Or, should we just laugh at you, yet again?


From: Mike Hunter on
What I was referring to was what one get for the price. Do some comparison
shopping and you will discover a base V6 Tundra costs one MORE to drive home
than a base V8 from either GM, Ford or Dodge and they are better trucks

mike

..
"Pete Moss" <spraghnum(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:spraghnum-3D461C.23490016032007(a)news.iglou.com...
> In article <F42dnXMNiPllrGbYnZ2dnUVZ_qqrnZ2d(a)ptd.net>,

> "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2(a)mailcity.com> wrote:
>
>> Duh! The Tundra in the commercial pulling the 10,000 LB was not a base
>> model with a six speed tranny
>>
>> mike
>>
>>
>> >>
>> > The base engine in the Silverado is a V6 as well.
>
> I'm sure none of the Chevys in commercials have the V6 either. Your
> saying that the Tundra has a base V6 was a meaningless point.


From: JoeSpareBedroom on
Dance Mike Dance


"Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2(a)mailcity.com> wrote in message
news:NbydnavTWMpNqGHYnZ2dnUVZ_qarnZ2d(a)ptd.net...
> What I was referring to was what one get for the price. Do some
> comparison shopping and you will discover a base V6 Tundra costs one MORE
> to drive home than a base V8 from either GM, Ford or Dodge and they are
> better trucks
>
> mike
>
> .
> "Pete Moss" <spraghnum(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:spraghnum-3D461C.23490016032007(a)news.iglou.com...
>> In article <F42dnXMNiPllrGbYnZ2dnUVZ_qqrnZ2d(a)ptd.net>,
>
>> "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2(a)mailcity.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Duh! The Tundra in the commercial pulling the 10,000 LB was not a base
>>> model with a six speed tranny
>>>
>>> mike
>>>
>>>
>>> >>
>>> > The base engine in the Silverado is a V6 as well.
>>
>> I'm sure none of the Chevys in commercials have the V6 either. Your
>> saying that the Tundra has a base V6 was a meaningless point.
>
>